Website Manager

Metro Youth Soccer League

Proud Member and Sponsored by New Jersey Youth Soccer


Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions:

How do I register my team for Metro YSL?
All Metro YSL teams need to be a registered team with NJ Youth Soccer. Here are Step-by-step instructions how to register with NJYS and MYSL.

What are the birth years for each age bracket?
For the 2022-2023 season, players need to be born between the following dates:

 U71/1/2016 - 12/31/2017 U141/1/2009 - 12/31/2011
 U81/1/2015 - 12/31/2016 U151/1/2008 - 12/31/2011
 U91/1/2014 - 12/31/2015 U161/1/2007 - 12/31/2011
 U101/1/2013 - 12/31/2014 U171/1/2006 - 12/31/2011
 U111/1/2012 - 12/31/2014 U181/1/2005 - 12/31/2011
 U121/1/2011 - 12/31/2013 U191/1/2004 - 12/31/2011
 U131/1/2010 - 12/31/2012

US Soccer Birth Year Matrix

What are the league fees?
The league fees for MYSL is as follows per team, per season:

U7 - U10$100 
 U11 - U12$125 
 U13 - U19$150 

How do I pay my league fees?
League fees can be paid directly through your SportsConnect portal. Instructions can be found here.

Do I need my own Referee Assignor?

MYSL provides a Referee Assignor for a fee of $60 per team, per season. Payments are to be received before the season starts and checks can be mailed to:

Carmelo Giuliano
985 East 28th Street
Paterson, NJ 07513

What are the Referee Fees?

Referee fees are split 50/50 between the two teams and are as follows:

 U16 - U19 $90 2 x $50$190 $95
 U13 - U15 $80 2 x $45$170 $85
 U11 - U12 $70$70 $35
 U7 - U10 $60$60 $30

What age brackets do you have?
MYSL is open to U7-U19.

For Spring 2022, we have the following Boys age brackets:



We hope to add some Girls teams to MYSL in the near future.

How do I add or remove players from my team?
Players can be added or removed from your roster via your SportsConnect portal. Instructions can be found here.

What are the Coaching Requirements?

NJYS requires all travel coaches to have:

1.  Coaching Certificate – minimum State Certificate, previously called F-Course (one time requirement)
For MYSL only, a US Soccer 11v11 Grassroots certificate will also be accepted
Compliance Requirements: (can be completed via SportsConnect portal)
Cleared background check (every two years)
Valid SafeSport Certificate (annual requirement)
Concussion Certificate (one time requirement)

 Instructions to complete Compliance Requirements can be found here.

How do I get a referee for my games?
The Referee Request process is as follows:

Home team emails Carmelo the Monday before your game with:

  • Date
  •  Home Team
  •  Time
  • Game #
  •  Away Team
  •  Field Location

2.  Carmelo contacts referees
Scheduled referee will email the Home team to confirm the game
Once you receive the confirmation email, your referee is confirmed
** Should you not receive a confirmation email from a referee by Thursday night, please contact Carmelo ASAP!

How do I print Player Passes?
Instructions to print Player Passes can be found here.

What do we need to bring to each game?

  • Coach and Player Passes
  • Game Cards (Instructions to print are here)
  • Referee Fees
  • Properly inflated and correct size ball
  • Alternate Uniforms in case of similar colors**

** T-shirts, vests, etc. will be accepted


I forgot our Coach and/or Player Passes. Can we still play our game?
No. Coach passes, player passes, and team rosters must be presented in printed form to the referee before the start of the game, and NO player will be allowed to play if not in possession of a valid player pass.

In emergency cases, and at the discretion of the referee, team passes may be presented to the referee in electronic form on your phone.

Do you have Secondary Permission Passes?
Yes. A Secondary Permission Application can be downloaded here.
Please submit completed application to League Director (David Ricca –
[email protected]) for approval.
Secondary Permission Pass will only be valid once it’s signed by MYSL.

How do I Club Pass a player?
Instructions to Club Pass a player through your SportsConnect portal can be found here.
Club Passing a player
does not need prior approval from MYSL.

What is the difference between Secondary Passes and Club Passes?
Club Pass is when a player from your own club (from a different team) plays on your team for the game.**

Secondary Permission/Passes is when a player from a different club plays for your club for a game.**

** Players can only play in the same age bracket, or play up a bracket. No player can play down a bracket.

How many Secondary Passes and Club Passes are allowed per team in MYSL?

 U13 - U19 (11v11) 5 5
U11 - U12 (9v9)  4 4
 U7 - U10 (7v7) 3 3

How do I reschedule a game?
Clubs can, after agreed upon with opponent, reschedule a game with the league prior to requesting a referee. Instructions how to reschedule through SportsConnect can be found here.

The Home team is responsible for contacting the League Director (David Ricca – [email protected]) with the new details of the game. No games can be rescheduled after a referee has been requested. Should a team not be able to play the scheduled game, the team will forfeit that game.

What happens if there is bad weather?
Unless there are thunderstorms or extreme heat, games will continue as scheduled. The only exception would be unplayable field conditions.

It is the responsibility of the home team delegate to check field conditions. Should they decide that the field is unplayable, the following parties need to be notified at least 2 hours prior to the start of the game:

  • Opposing Team
  • Referee(s)
  • League Director

 If the opposing team has a field that is playable and available, the game can be rescheduled for that field, or rescheduled for an agreed upon date at the home field.

We heard thunder after we started playing. Now what?
We play by the “When thunder roars, go indoors” rule. Games will be stopped IMMEDIATELY after hearing thunder, and teams are to evacuate the field and seek shelter.

If the game is stopped before half time, the score at the time of stopping will be regarded as the final score. If the game is stopped in the middle of the second half, the score at half time will be regarded as the final score. The referee(s) will still get their full referee fee if the game is stopped prematurely.

My game is about to start and the other team isn’t here. What do I do?
The visiting team will be allowed a 10-minute starting time grace period. There is NO grace period for the home team.

In the spirit of sportsmanship, please contact the opponent when you see they are running late. They might be having trouble finding the field or finding parking – you’ll be able to assist with directions, as it’s your home field.

At the end of the day, we all want the kids to play and no one wants to forfeit a game.

How do I report my score after a game? What team is responsible for that?
The Home team is responsible for reporting scores on the SportsConnect portal.

To report Scoring:
1.  Go
2.  Enter Game # and PIN # found at the top right corner of your Game Card

Enter Score
Save Score

Any Home team that does not enter the score within 72 hours of the end of the game, will forfeit that game.



(Game Day) 
(Game Day)
 U17 - U19
 2 x 45 min halves5 1875
 U15 - U16
 2 x 40 min halves5 1875
 U13 - U14
 2 x 35 min halves5 1875
 U11 - U12
 2 x 30 min halves 166
 U7 - U10
 2 x 25 min halves 14 533


Contact Us

Metro Youth Soccer League

 New Jersey  

Email: [email protected]

Metro Youth Soccer League

 New Jersey  

Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 Metro Youth Soccer League  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Login